Sunday, April 5, 2009

Laundry: The gift that keeps on giving.


Lets face it out of all the household chores laundry is the only one that is never done- it's the chore that keeps on giving; even from the second that you put away that last clean dishtowel or hang that last shirt, the very clothes you are wearing are well on their way to starting your next batch of dirty clothes.

Despite the never ending piles I don't mind doing laundry, there is just something soothing about pulling a batch of warm towels out of the drier that are so soft and clean and folding them in a tidy little pile. Growing up I always begged my siblings to switch me chores so I could do the laundry... after all who wants to weed a garden or wash dishes when they could be having a great time mating socks?

OK
so it wasn't exactly fun per Se' but it was almost always the lesser evil.....

Lately I have been reading a lot about homemade laundry out in bloggy-land including some really brave talented ladies who actually make/use it. After one of my oh-so-favorite bloggers, Mrs. Mordecai of Be It Ever So Humble, shared her very own homemade laundry soap recipe I have been toying with the idea of trying a batch myself.

OK so it was a fleeting thought I am a Mountain Fresh Tide addict.....

Although I have yet to attempt whipping up a batch of fluffy pink laundry soap myself I find the whole concept very intriguing and honestly probably something a smart frugal person should at least give a try. But I am afraid I would too dearly miss my favorite orange bottle of liquid laundry suds..... and besides without it what containers would I use to fill with water to add to my storage?

1 comment:

Kestrel said...

That's exactly my problem too. I love the smell of Gain too much to make my own laundry soap. Bummer. I mean, I'll probably get cancer and die because I've sniffed my chemical-washed clothes so much, but as long as I smell nice, does it really matter?